Procurement Directors (3 roles – Director Marketing Procurement, Director Professional Services Procurement, Director IT Procurement)
The Procurement Director investigates, develops and implements purchasing and procurement strategies and programs to meet company-wide objectives on a global basis. This role identifies and develops opportunities to deliver cost reductions and savings to the organization. This role educates the organization on the benefits of sound procurement practices. The Procurement Director develops strong supplier relationships, assesses performance of key suppliers and develops business improvement plans to ensure programs deliver value to the enterprise.
Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and implement key cost saving opportunities resulting in significant savings to the company on an annual basis.
- Develop and support initiatives to provide consistency and standards, leverage supply relationships across the enterprise and drive down total costs.
- Work with key business partners (internal and external) to develop sourcing and procurement plans that align corporate objectives to business needs
- Establish and communicate purchasing policies and guidelines
- Partner with management in each division and function to support their business objectives.
- Manage Corporate and National supplier programs, source and select suppliers, negotiate commercial agreements and implement strategies to roll out programs.
- Manage procurement operations and supervise a staff of category managers (if applicable).
- Work with internal business partners to develop user requirements, identify suppliers, develop bid specifications, solicit bids, obtain proposals, analyze results, and recommend the most cost effective solutions to Sr. Management.
- Develop new approaches for systematic purchasing that will lower administrative burdens, add accountability and support efficient and effective business processes.
- Identify and deliver cost savings through simplification and standardization
- Develop, maintain, and provide ongoing category, supplier and performance reporting to Senior Management and internal customers.
- Interact with the Legal department in developing purchasing contracts and modifying Terms and Conditions, creating the most advantageous agreements available to clients.
- Expand the utilization and exposure of Minority and Woman Business Enterprises, (M/WBE) to internal Business Units
Ensures proper staffing and the use of overtime hours to maximize the effectiveness of the Procurement function. Conducts annual performance appraisals for direct reports, recommends salary increases, provides individual feedback to improve performance, and initiates corrective action in response to personnel problems. Reviews and approves salary increases for direct reports. Oversees the training of new employees to perform their duties in a manner consistent with company standards.
Responsibility Scope/Impact (only applies to job families and field positions) - Qualifications (may vary by level)
• Bachelor’s degree in a business related discipline
• MBA highly desired
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a procurement/supply chain related field
• Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience including hiring, firing, training, development, and performance management
• Procurement experience in a global environment a plus
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Requires excellent analytical ability, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and in teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentations to a wide range of stakeholders
• Thorough knowledge of RFQ/RFP/RFI process
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Knowledge of consulting agreements and temporary services contracts
• Ability to work with an enterprise financial system in a service/retail environment; Oracle Financials is a plus
• Experience utilizing an eProcurement system (i.e. Oracle Procurement, ACS)
• Significant negotiating experience
• Strong supplier relationship, organizational & project management skills
• Ability to interpret technical specifications and use sound judgment to make business decisions
• Ability to motivate team members and provide support to achieve collective and individual goals
• Capable of being well organized, handling heavy workloads, and adapting to challenging situation
• Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers
Travel Requirements: Some travel is required.
Please direct inquiries to:email@example.com