Global Procurement Manager
Are you passionate about partnering with leaders in the business to help build and drive a robust vendor management process that drives cost savings in the millions? If so, then LivePerson is looking for you!
LivePerson is currently seeking a Global Procurement Manager to join our Finance team based out of our New York office.
LivePerson’s vision is to empower consumers to stop wasting time on hold with 1-800 numbers and instead message their favorite brands just as they do with friends and family. This is all done on our award-winning mobile and online messaging platform, LiveEngage. More than 18,000 businesses -- including Microsoft, Virgin Atlantic, The Home Depot, Toys’R’Us, Citibank, IBM, Adobe, and ½ of the Global Fortune 500 telecoms and commercial banks choose LivePerson because of our unparalleled intelligence, security and scalability demanded by the most recognizable global brands. Our more than 1,000 employees across 13 global offices live by our core values of “Be an Owner” and “Help Others” and are connected by our strong company culture. Headquartered in New York City, we have offices in Atlanta, London, Reading (UK), Paris, Melbourne, Milan, Tokyo, Mannheim, Berlin, Amsterdam and a world-class tech hub in Tel Aviv. (NASDAQ: LPSN)
What You Will Own?
- Lead multi-million dollar sourcing discussions with vendors based on business requirements
- Act as a business partner to engineering and technology departments in vendor engagement, including conducting vendor analysis and decision making on vendor contracts
- Maximize cost savings across LivePerson through strong negotiation skills and cost saving initiatives
- Manage vendor issues and collaborate effectively between key internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluate all existing deals for potential cost savings or benefits
- Drive global process efficiency and optimize vendor relationships
- Define and track operational reporting and metrics needed to drive improvements and improve efficiency in the procure to pay process
- Build a procurement process by establishing procurement policies, guidelines and best practices, creating a supplier validation process and driving value and savings on strategic purchases
- Perform risk management regarding supplier contracts and agreements
- Ensure delivery of solutions working in a matrix organization
What Will You Need for Success?
- 7+ years’ experience in software procurement
- Exceptional negotiation and presentation skills with technology vendors
- Extensive knowledge of technology procurement process and partnering with engineering groups
- Strong understanding of best practices in procurement and generally the procure to pay process, including planning and meeting finance month end deadlines
- Able to articulate difficult ideas and concepts through clear and concise verbal and/or written communication
- Experience with Concur a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Accounting or Finance
Click here to apply for this position: