The Demand Forecaster is the owner of the rolling long term horizon (4-24month) to create item level forecasts by analyzing all quantitative and qualitative inputs into the forecast following the product life cycle (e.g. developing a statistically sound forecast, trade promotional plans, competitive impacts, new items launch and cannibalization). The position will work closely with sales, marketing, supply chain, & finance teams to drive Brand alignment within the S&OP cycle.
The Forecaster is responsible for developing and leveraging detailed analysis to drive forecast improvement. He/she will draw conclusions from analysis and provide clear communication of changes in the forecast from one cycle to another. The position is a subject matter expert on forecasting systems and training/process resource within the Demand Management team.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining rolling long-term forecast horizon 4-24 months at the Brand/Product/DC/Account level by analyzing internal & external customer data, sales promotional events and statistical models and algorithms.
- Gathering, cleansing and validation of historical data and forecast inputs (both internal and external data) to support the best forecast possible, using recognized statistical modeling metrics, KPIs, such as Forecast Accuracy, MAPE, R2 and Coefficient of Variation.
- Understanding and unbiased interpretation of the Sales trade plans, Marketing plans, and Financial plans to develop an unbiased and unconstrained forecast.
- Review sales history, trends, & statistical forecast models to continuously improve forecasting techniques, methods, & approaches.
- Generate forecast and understand promotional spikes and perform a post-promotional analysis.
- Work in partnership with the demand planners to ensure forecast alignment from the LT into the ST.
- Lead Brand S&OP forecasting planning meetings with cross-functional team members & key stakeholders.
- Evolve and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand forecasting processes & systems.
- Respond to Adhoc reporting and forecasting requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain the current system for forecasting & reporting.
- Demonstrate leadership in engaging & working with key business partners.
- Analysis of Brand/Product/DC/Account demand performance through forecast accuracy metrics/KPI’s including MAPE and bias to improve the joint supply chain metrics.
- Track the demand forecast performance, identifying root causes of variance, identifying and implementing solutions to solve for forecast improvement.
- Develop documentation and reports required to support Demand Forecaster day in the life.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for Forecast X forecasting software, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and other forecasting tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in: Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations, Supply Chain Management or Related discipline.
- 3-5 years combined experience in: Forecasting, Marketing, Supply Chain Planning, Manufacturing, and/or Logistics, with experience in CPG environment preferred.
- Demonstrated strong analytical & problem-solving abilities.
- Detailed oriented with a drive for precision & accuracy.
- In-depth knowledge of demand forecasting/statistical modeling techniques and inputs (e.g., business trends, seasonality, consumption patterns).
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to understand, distil and translate data into actionable information to support decision-making, and to make sound judgment calls when data is incomplete.
- Ability to understand and build clear linkages between data sets and results: Nielsen, customer POS, inventory, customer promotions, competitive impacts to generate and improve forecasts.
- Proven results against forecast accuracy metrics.
Location: The Sun Products Corporation is currently headquartered in Wilton, CT. In Q2 2017, the Company will relocate and expand to Stamford, CT as a subsidiary of Henkel Consumer Goods Inc. The Research and Development technology facility will remain in Trumbull, CT.
PLEASE APPLY TO: https://www.sunproductscorp.com/careers/Position.aspx?id=oACN3fwM