Analyst Supplier Diversity
Analyst (Associate/Senior), Supplier Diversity and Sustainability - 20162425
At National Grid, an International Electric and Gas Utility Company, we recognize our responsibility as a major employer in the region, as well as, a major provider of safe, clean energy. We strive to be welcomed by our presence and recognize the responsibility rests with us to serve as good stewards in our communities.
How National Grid Lends itself to Diversity & Sustainability:
- Providing opportunities to a supplier base as diverse as our workforce is at the heart of our stewardship.
- Fostering partnerships with small minority, women and diverse suppliers, we were able to boost innovation and explore new ideas for our business, while positively affecting the economic development in the communities where we work, live and interact.
- Continuing to cultivating a culturally rich, diverse-owned vendor base reflecting our demographic customer base through several diversity events including our signature annual event the Power of Connections; which includes sponsor mentor ship programs with universities to support our diverse supplier development initiatives.
- Integrating smart sustainability goals to our portfolio increases our benefit to the community to be prepared to comply with global environmental sustainable sourcing standards.
- Providing an opportunity for seeking more savings through non-traditional channels and better managing risk in our Supply Chain.
The benefits of a diverse supplier base and a robust sustainable sourcing initiative mirror the advantages we realize every day from National Grid’s diverse workforce – a foundation built on innovation, ingenuity and service excellence.
We are looking for the next Great Analyst to join our Global Procurement Department:
The successful candidate will report to the Global Director of Supplier Diversity and Sustainability and will be responsible for diversity reporting, bench marking and diversity category management for procurement and business stakeholders. In addition, building relationships with internal and external stakeholders, managing category manager teams to drive diversity and sustainability savings through innovation, cost savings strategies, measuring local jobs and other efficiencies to create value for Supply Chain.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Managing tier 1 and 2 reporting process for diversity and sustainability metrics for procurement and business stakeholders through a regular cadence process
- Creating new value add reports to meet the changing business needs
- Developing a diverse supplier development process for existing key diverse suppliers
- Identifying diverse suppliers, creating category strategies to integrate new sources of supply that contributes to year over year cost reductions and quality/delivery improvements.
- Process all payments, invoices and expenses using corporate applications
- Help maintain and expand diverse and sustainable vendor database
- Works in partnership with regional/global diverse suppliers in order to ensure a proactive approach to supplier selection and understand their requirements and deliver appropriate solutions, in line with National Grid policies and processes.
- Monitor and assist in obtaining diversity certification
- Identify diversity and sustainability efficiencies and cost reduction/continuous improvement opportunities within the supply chain processes.
- Traveling and participating in diversity and sustainability events locally and regionally
- Maintain the highest standard of business ethics.
- Ability to recognize and properly handle highly sensitive/confidential/ personal/proprietary personnel information
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required in business administration, engineering, organizational management a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years supplier diversity and/or sustainability experience
- Strong industry relationships with councils, diverse suppliers in NY and New England a plus
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in excel and/or excel.
- Experience preparing federal , GSA, SAP, Arriba reports a plus
- Experience developing diverse suppliers in a variety of products & services locally, regionally. Globally a plus.
- Strong relationship building skills across all levels of the organization to effectively build trust and confidence with procurement and business stakeholders.
- Program management skills required to coordinate and assist with the RFP sourcing process and to provide leadership to encourage strong team engagement with stakeholders and diverse vendors.
- Experience with process improvement systems a plus i.e. lean, six sigma
- Demonstrated organization skills to manage a wide cadre of stakeholders internally and externally
- Diversity, procurement certifications preferred
- Diversity board experience a plus
- Strong presentation skills preferred
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
Please send resumes to:
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.