US Sustainability Lead & Supplier Diversity Sr. Analyst
At National Grid, a Global Electric and Gas Utility company, we recognize our responsibility as a major employer in the region, as well as, a major provider of safe, clean energy. We strive to be welcomed by our presence and recognize the responsibility rests with us to serve as good stewards in our communities.
How National grid Lends itself to Diversity & Sustainability
- Providing opportunities to a supplier base as diverse as our workforce is at the heart of our stewardship.
- Fostering partnerships with small, minority, women and diverse suppliers, we were able to boost innovation and explore new ideas for our business, while positively affecting the economic development in the communities where we work, live and interact.
- Continuing to maximize business opportunities by cultivating a culturally rich, diverse-owned vendor base reflecting our demographic customer base through several diversity events including our signature annual event the Power of Connections; which includes sponsor mentorship programs with universities to support our diverse supplier development initiatives. Integrating smart Sustainability goals to our portfolio increases our benefit to the community to be prepared to comply with global environmental sustainable sourcing standards.
- Providing an opportunity for seeking more savings through non-traditional channels and better managing risk in our Supply Chain.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Developing and implement a diverse supplier development process for existing key diverse suppliers
- Partnering closely with the Sustainability and Environmental groups responsible for developing policy, strategy and managing projects that are within our footprint.
- Identifying diverse suppliers, creating category strategies to integrate new sources of supply that contributes to year over year cost reductions and quality/delivery improvements.
- Works in partnership with regional/global diverse suppliers in order to ensure a proactive approach to supplier selection and understand their requirements and deliver appropriate solutions, in line with National Grid policies and processes.
- Identify, measure and track carbon, waste and emissions reduction, utilization of renewable energy sources by major contributors to the supply chain.
- Identify diversity and sustainability efficiencies and cost reduction/continuous improvement opportunities within the supply chain processes.
- Travel and participating in diversity and sustainability events locally and regionally
- Ability to recognize and properly handle highly sensitive/confidential/ personal/proprietary personnel information
- Develop systems to monitor a company’s sustainability, and determine if goals are met.
- Create reports on company sustainability to present to the media, government, public, and other interest groups.
- Evaluate and develop methodologies for sustainability initiatives.
- Enact and socialize policies on an organization's energy use, resource conservation, and waste management
- Will work on a team with 3 other analysts whose primary focus in on supplier diversity.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required in business administration, engineering, organizational management a plus
- Proven experience working with Supply Chain and Purchasing
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Sustainability sourcing in Supply chain emission
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in excel and/or excel.
- Experience developing diverse suppliers in a variety of products & services locally, regionally. Globally a plus.
- Ability to develop grass root programs across an organization
- Proven experience creating and delivering training material in sustainable sourcing
- Strong relationship building skills across all levels of the organization to effectively build trust and confidence with procurement and business stakeholders.
- Program management skills required to coordinate and assist with the RFP sourcing process and to provide leadership to encourage strong team engagement with stakeholders and diverse vendors.
- Experience with process improvement systems a plus i.e. lean, six sigma
- Demonstrated organization skills to manage a wide cadre of stakeholders internally and externally
- Ability to travel 10-15%
- Experience with Diversity is a plus
- Diversity, procurement certifications preferred
- Diversity board experience a plus
- Strong presentation skills preferred
- Strong industry relationships with councils, diverse suppliers in NY and New England a plus
Please send resumes to: