Procurement Training Specialist - Job ID: 86536
Description: Full Time, Regular Employee
Work Hours: 8 am - 4 pm
Reports to Assistant Chief Procurement Officer
Salary Range: $74,006 - $119,978 DOE
The Procurement Training Specialist (PTS) will be responsible for the assessment, training and development of new and existing staff on transactional procurement functions in the PeopleSoft system. This includes developing effective training material and creating job aids that demonstrate PeopleSoft procurement functionality within the Department. The PTS will also serve as a primary liaison for the Department with regard to the impact of software upgrades and enhancements and will disseminate how those changes impact day-to-day operation within the department. In addition, the PTS will serve as a coordinator for all system clean-up projects, including the definition of scope, recommended allocation of resources and re-training when required.
Education and Experience
A B.A. degree from an accredited college in Business Administration, Computer Science, Human Resources or a related field and seven (7) years of experience, including three (3) years served in a managerial or supervisory capacity; OR a satisfactory equivalent of relevant education and experience.
- Experience in training staff with various levels of computer expertise
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financial Module
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and similar applications
- Based on an evaluation of education, skills, experience and information provided from the interview that includes a full understanding of subject matter.
- All selected candidates will be subject to full background investigations that include employment and education. Discrepancies may lead to dismissal.
Candidates may be required to complete an annual financial disclosure statement if the position earns more than $91,821 per year (this figure is subject to change) if this position is designated as a policymaker.
How to Apply:
E-mail your resume and comprehensive qualification statement to Dan Plute firstname.lastname@example.org