Global Strategic Sourcing Specialist
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist is responsible for the development of sourcing/acquisition strategies for assigned components, materials and commodities. This position also offers the opportunity to manage major purchasing assignments and projects with limited supervision. As a member of the procurement and strategic sourcing team within the supply chain organization, this position will report to the Manager, Strategic Sourcing.
- Leads supplier evaluations and implements improvements for the assigned commodities.
- Coordinates with Engineering and Manufacturing departments in order to gain a clear understanding of project requirements and needs.
- Coordinates capacity management assessments, supplier award strategy and supplier development, activities in order to minimize delivery and quality risks.
- Identifies opportunities for cost reduction using forecasts, projected needs, supplier capacity, inventory goals and lead times.
- In coordination with the Legal Department, identifies, develops and executes supply agreements in support of corporate strategic initiatives.
- Negotiates and manages cost models for suppliers (price, volume, discounts, commodity cost forecasts and cost drivers, etc.)
- Serves as an active participant in the alignment of strategies and interfaces with the Integrated Global Supply Chain team.
- Participates in “should cost” analysis and “make vs. buy” decision process.
EDUCATION: BS/BA degree required Institute for Supply Management (ISM) certification (C.P.M. or CPSM) a “plus”
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 4+ years in Strategic Global Procurement role is required
Candidate must have:
- Proven track record of success in qualifying alternate sources of supply and achieving cost reductions for complex engineered materials and components.
- Procurement experience in a Project and Manufacturing MRP environment.
- Experience in Low Cost Country (LCC) sourcing and supplier development.
- Experience in dealing effectively across various cultures is essential.
- General technical and commodity knowledge of: raw materials (i.e. steels, engineered powders, chemicals) and various manufacturing processes (i.e. stamping, powder production, welding, machining, fabrication).
- Strong verbal and written communication, conflict resolution, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency with the MS suite of software including: Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively project manage all phases of multiple strategic sourcing programs concurrently.
- Experience with “should cost” analysis and “make vs. buy” desired.
- Experience working with Microsoft AX ERP system a plus.
- Experience working in an ISO-9000:2000 certified QA system desired.
- Ability to travel (Domestic and International) ~ 25%.
NOTE: A credit check is required for this position.
Independent Recruiter - Trying to do my part to keep manufacturing in the USA