Global Technology Strategic Sourcing Associate Director
Overview of IT Services and Global Procurement:
T Services creates, manages, and operates all the technology used by EY. One globally integrated team, IT Services, is comprised of five functions covering the entire process life cycle, from understanding the needs of the organization’s different Areas and service lines, through defining appropriate strategy and architecture, to the delivery of solutions and managed operational services. Beyond the basic provision of reliable, cost-effective IT infrastructure and operations, IT Services is increasingly acting as a catalyst for business success. Priority projects such as Global CRM, Data Center Consolidation, and messaging and collaboration are essential to delivering on EY’s Global Priorities, and in sustaining our competitive advantage as the most globally integrated organization in professional services.
Procurement provides strategic purchasing solutions for materials, supplies, services, and contracts with the highest level of quality and the best total cost. This includes real estate solutions that improve the working environment of the EY member firms, travel solutions that support the mobility of EY people, and technology and external content solutions that maximize the value of our purchases. Most significantly, Procurement adds value by consolidating all of EY’s spending power, which realizes enormous cost savings through the creation of economies of scale. More than just cost efficiency, though, our Global Procurement infrastructure also provides considerable value in terms of managing independence and legal risks.
Technology Procurement is part of the Global Procurement Group focusing on the requirements from the Technology team and managing circa $1.5B of spend annually.
The Technology Sourcing Associate Director reports to a Technology Procurement Lead and is responsible for sourcing execution, customer engagement and vendor management in line with the Global Procurement Policy.
The role of the Technology Sourcing Associate Director will include:
• Successfully manage and lead team of up to 9 FTEs, including off shore resources, to execute technology deals in the timelines agreed with key stakeholders and with high quality deliverables.
• Act as Individual contributor and trusted business advisor - managing an IT sub-category and/or IT area working closely with senior stakeholders to deliver complex projects.
• Working closely with risk management business partners to minimize contractual risks to the firm whilst demonstrating year on year improvement in value for money.
• Lead key negotiations and reporting on the team’s savings achieved and building a savings forecast. Team target to deliver circa $10M+ of annual savings & cost avoidance.
• Effectively build a pipeline of deals and develop the appropriate resourcing plans. Coaching, influencing and developing the team.
• Supporting improvement in processes, policy, systems, management information and reporting. There are good precedents in use within the team and processes and policies have been developed to support our activities.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
Our IT Services stakeholders expect our procurement team to operate at a strategic level on a global basis, acting as a trusted business advisor with a high degree of professionalism, market knowledge and capable of implementing best of breed procurement practices.
Our team needs to be proactive in engaging with stakeholders and managing categories as portfolios, and to demonstrate the right project management skills to manage global deals successfully, instead of adopting a local deal by deal approach.
The job holder will be a very experienced negotiator and team leader and will have led some teams in a complex and global environment. He/she will have strong influencing and networking skills as the organization relies on working in cross functional teams across borders, especially to sell the benefits of global deals. The successful applicant will therefore have a good track record of change management to meet our globalization challenge.
Good organizational and leadership skills are as important as negotiating skills.
A good knowledge of the IT vendors and new technologies is important to successfully work with the IT teams.
The job holder will be up to date with current trends and best practice around IT areas of Hardware, Software, Telecoms and Managed Services, with a good knowledge of the key vendors and their positioning in the market. The job holder must also have experience of negotiating global or multi-national deals and a high level understanding of the tax and logistical considerations that need to be taken into account.
The job holder will have direct reporting responsibilities of up to 9 full time sourcing managers.
Minimum of 10 years experience in a commercial or procurement role, with experience of managing a small global team, gained preferably in a blue chip organization.
The job holder must have had experience of stakeholder management at CTO or CIO level in their previous role
CPM qualification is desirable