LLP Sr. Buyer - Freight Logistics Purchasing
LPP Sr Buyer - Freight Logistics Purchasing
- Management of 3PL supplier involved in AP process and negotiating rates.
- Works closely with manufacturing site shippers to plan and implement freight policy, address carrier performance issues and improve the overall freight process.
- Issues RFQ/RFP and negotiates requests for equipment/supplies/services from suppliers and subcontractors, specifically FTL carriers for this position.
- Development and documentation of logistics systems and procedures.
- Maintains database/system pricing, generates reports/analysis for metrics.
- Management of shipping dock purchasing needs, Packaging, Pallets, Forklift lease and maintenance, etc.
- Manages supplier contracts and agreements and reviews for legal correctness, price/payment terms, and scope of work and specifications to meet manufacturing requirements.
- Analyzes market and delivery trends to determine present and future freight needs.
- Development of strategic sourcing plans.
- Recruits and maintains suppliers that provide high quality products, on time deliveries, superior services with best in class pricing for our industry.
- Coordinates with internal teams from manufacturing, quality, accounts payable, finance and others to respond to supplier issues with quality, delivery, payments/credits, rebates and other supplier related concerns.
- Management of import / export documentation.
- Maintain the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five or more years purchasing/freight & logistics experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; CPSM, APICS, CPP and/or other recognized organizations for purchasing and/or supply chain management preferred
- Knowledge of import / export documentation and processes preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; organized, analytical and detail oriented
- Excellent computer skills; intermediate to advanced levels in spreadsheet, database and word processing software
- Experience with Excel pivot tables, sumif, vlookup, and other intermediate to advanced functions
- Ability to work independently, lead project teams, and influence cross functional groups
- Able to make sound decisions while working with changing priorities and competing demands
- Must become familiar with and promote company objectives, core values, and vision and mission statements
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, supplier quotations, standard operating procedures, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence; also the ability to speak effectively before groups of suppliers or employees of the organization
Please forward resume & cover letter to:
William Nessler, III