Corporate Procurement Sourcing Specialist
Corporate Procurement Services (CPS) is responsible for working with business mangers and subject matter experts within DTCC to define requirements, identify and mitigate vendor risks and procure all IT and non-IT goods, services and software for DTCC and its affiliates. CPS delivers negotiated contracts to the firm, on time and within budget at an acceptable level of risk.
The Sourcing Specialist is accountable for requirement definition, demand management, sourcing and supplier management for software and its associated support/maintenance for Information Technology (IT) and any other functional or operational groups with DTCC and its affiliates.
The successful candidate must be able to:
• Demonstrate a good working relationship with DTCC’s key enterprise vendors including, but not limited to IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, EMC – VMware – Pivotal, HP
• Possess a thorough knowledge of the competitive landscape within IT and an understanding of the major trends influencing IT
• Good understanding of key IT technologies and an ability to quickly learn an assimilate emerging technology
• Prior experience in developing and executing sourcing strategies that deliver measurable bottom line savings while mitigating vendor and other risks
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and direct the strategic sourcing process and act as the central point of contact to monitor and improve supplier performance
• Manage procurement activities associated with support renewals and new software purchases
• Document and report savings
• Develop and maintain supplier performance metrics and reporting
• Familiar with asset management and an understanding of how software assets are tracked and reported across the software lifecycle
• Provide external marketplace knowledge of the latest IT dynamics, trends, benchmarks and best practices
• Evaluate and recommend sourcing opportunities to leverage spend to lower costs, reduce risk
• Define and lead RFP initiatives working with business owners and technology SMEs
• Promote excellence in sourcing processes across DTCC
• Utilize consistent methodologies to pursue deliverables that are aligned with strategic objectives and policies
• Act as the primary interface between vendors and DTCC for legal, vendor risk, privacy, technology risk as needed to ensure that goods and services are sourced with an acceptable level of risk for DTCC
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 15 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes, and standardizes the post-trade processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers worldwide. User owned and industry governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to the financial markets. In 2013, DTCC’s subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at approximately US$1.6 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 139 countries and territories valued at US$43 trillion. DTCC’s global trade repository processes tens of millions of submissions per week.
To learn more, please visit www.dtcc.com or follow us on Twitter @The_DTCC