POSITION TITLE: Purchasing Analyst
REPORTS TO: Purchasing Director
LOCATION: New York
A leading international law firm with 16 offices located in major financial centers around the world, including Manhattan, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP has helped shape the globalization of the legal profession for more than 65 years. Our worldwide practice has a proven track record for innovation and providing work of the highest quality to meet the needs of our domestic and international clients. In recognition of the firm's strong global practice, its effectiveness in dealing with the different business cultures of the countries in which it operates, and its success in multiple jurisdictions. Cleary Gottlieb received Chambers & Partners' inaugural International Law Firm of the Year award.
This is a position, in a growing department, for an ambitious, career-orientated individual to assist with administering the organization’s sourcing and operational procurement cycles. The applicant should be near the start of their supply management career. They should be looking to build on a solid foundation of knowledge, processing the initiative and personality that enables them to thrive in an environment where proactivity, innovation and drive for improvement are prerequisites.
• Build your own portfolio of strategic sourcing events and global commodity expertise.
• Manage your own and assist with managing assigned competitive sourcing projects and achieve demonstrable cost savings.
• Develop alternative supply options and cultivate expertise across commodities, including IT, Travel and professional services.
• Play a prominent role in developing, implementing and improving strategy, systems and processes.
• Identifying, through analysis, opportunities to standardize and aggregate demand, minimize spend and maximize spend under management.
• Acquire and analyze market data and trends relevant to sourcing projects.
• Negotiate and assist with negotiating supplier agreements that achieve the optimal combination of service, cost, quality compliance and risk mitigation.
• Support the contract lifecycle administration and management process to ensure streamlined terms and operations.
• Interact with current supply base to manage relations, communication and performance.
• Administer operational purchasing processes, from request through to payment.
• Deliver a significant and continuously improving ROI and value to the organization.
• Bachelor degree in a technical or business field required. Working towards CPM or APP certification a plus.
• Basic purchasing experience. Existing knowledge of sourcing and purchasing knowledge is crucial.
• Solid business judgment, including the ability to anticipate impact of decisions/initiatives
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Solid negotiation and conflict management skills
• Some knowledge of contract law, specifically of purchase and lease agreements
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build relationships internally and externally
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate as an effective team member but also work with minimal supervision on complex projects.
General Departmental Expectations:
• Adhere to published Firm and/or departmental policies and guidelines.
• Comport yourself in a positive and professional manner.
• Support the efforts of the department and your coworkers.
• Strive to develop your knowledge and skills.
• Welcome additional responsibilities.
• Strive to improve your time management and organization.
• Document and track your work efforts and responsibilities.
• Seek out and welcome bidirectional performance feedback.
• Communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
Building the following Core Purchasing Competencies:
• Strategic Sourcing (Competitive Sourcing)
• Contract Management
• Category Management (Spend Analytics)
• Supplier Relationship Management
• Sourcing Market Intelligence
• Project Management
Building the following Non-Core Purchasing Competencies:
• Business Process Reengineering
To be considered, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. While we would like to respond to all resumes, we only contact those applicants we are interested in meeting.