VP, IT Sourcing Manager
VP, IT Sourcing Manager
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Vice President
Morgan Stanley mobilizes capital to help governments, corporations, institutions and individuals around the world achieve their financial goals. For over 75 years, the firms reputation for using innovative thinking to solve complex problems has been well earned and rarely matched. A consistent industry leader throughout decades of dramatic change in modern finance, Morgan Stanley will continue to break new ground in advising, serving and providing new opportunities for its clients.
Morgan Stanley is committed to maintaining the first-class service and high standard of excellence that have always defined the firm. At its foundation are four core values putting clients first, doing the right thing, leading with exceptional ideas and giving back that guide its more than 55,000 employees in 1,200 offices across 43 countries.
Morgan Stanley's Core Values
- Putting Clients First
- Doing the Right Thing
- Leading with Exceptional Ideas
- Giving Back
Reengineering & Expense Management Department (REM)
REM works in close partnership with the businesses within Morgan Stanley and supports functions to identify and execute opportunities to manage expenses through strategic sourcing, demand management, process reengineering, procurement management and sales and use tax optimization.
IT Sourcing is part of the REM department. It partners with the Firms business units to identify best practice solutions that will manage global costs and processes surrounding the acquisition of all IT-related goods and services.
- Manage a global pipeline of sourcing projects and their related services with a primary focus on software but may also include hardware, managed services, cloud services and/or professional services
- Develop sourcing strategies to optimise total cost of ownership, improve supplier performance, and reduce risk within the category
- Create competitive opportunities within the marketplace by leveraging various resources (e.g. benchmarking/advisory companies, professional associations) and using RFIs, RFPs and/or eAuctions effectively
- Collaborate with global colleagues to ensure specific regional requirements and limitations are incorporated into sourcing projects, including tax efficient solutions, where applicable
- Support special projects such as niche technology purchases, client facing requirements and country specific demands
- Act as the liaison across all process stakeholders including Business Management, Legal, Supplier Risk Management, Contract Administration and Procurement Operations.
- Monitor vendor performance and manage ongoing vendor relationships, including conformity to contract performance, resolution of payment disputes and activity related to critical dates (extensions, renewals, price adjustments, etc.)
- Prepare supporting documentation for sourcing projects, as required.
The successful candidate will work within the Global IT Sourcing organisation reporting to the Category Lead for Application Software and should have demonstrated knowledge/experience of the following:
- Negotiation skills and strategies
- Creation and evaluation of RFIs, RFPs and eAuctions
- Contract analysis and drafting
- Specific experience within Sourcing and/or IT within the Application and SaaS areas a plus
- Experience with Ariba a plus
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Strong entrepreneurial, interpersonal and team skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of products to facilitate preparation and delivery of management presentations (PowerPoint) and perform data analysis (Excel)
- Ability to manage a complex workload
-College degree (Bachelors)
-Software licensing background
-5+ years of experience
To apply for this position, please send a resume and a cover letter to:
Please respect the "no calls" request.