Sourcing Specialist - Global Hardware Sourcing Initiatives in the Compute and Storage Compute and Storage Systems and Mainframe categories
Morgan Stanley mobilizes capital to help governments, corporations, institutions and individuals around the world achieve their financial goals. For over 75 years, the firm’s reputation for using innovative thinking to solve complex problems has been well earned and rarely matched. A consistent industry leader throughout decades of dramatic change in modern finance, Morgan Stanley will continue to break new ground in advising, serving and providing new opportunities for its clients.
Morgan Stanley is committed to maintaining the first-class service and high standard of excellence that have always defined the firm. At its foundation are four core values — putting clients first, doing the right thing, leading with exceptional ideas and giving back — that guide its more than 55,000 employees in 1,200 offices across 43 countries.
Morgan Stanley’s Core Values
- Putting Clients First
- Doing the Right Thing
- Leading with Exceptional Ideas
- Giving Back
Reengineering & Expense Management Department (REM)
REM works in close partnership with the businesses within Morgan Stanley and supports functions to identify and execute opportunities to manage expenses through strategic sourcing, demand management, process reengineering, procurement management and sales and use tax optimization.
IT Sourcing is part of the REM department. It partners with the Firm’s business units to identify best practice solutions that will manage global costs and processes surrounding the acquisition of all IT-related goods and services.
Primary responsibility is to support strategic Global Hardware Sourcing initiatives in the Compute and storage Compute and Storage Systems and Mainframe categories for Morgan Stanley Firmwide. The individual will be managing a global category consisting of multiple hardware platforms and their related services. The individual should have primary experience in the sourcing and negotiation of server, storage, tape backup, desktop, and mainframe hardware, as well as the maintenance service agreements and SLAs for this hardware. This individual should have strong experience in Excel and sorting through data to prepare pivot reports, as well as preparing presentations in Powerpoint. Having experience negotiating all software license agreements is a plus.
- Managing a pipeline of projects consisting of new demand, maintenance renewals, and hardware refresh activities.
- Negotiating contracts and commercial pricing on global server hardware with various vendors including HPE, Dell and Lenovo
- Negotiating contracts and commercial pricing on global storage hardware with various vendors including HDS, NetApp, Brocade
- Negotiate all hardware break-fix maintenance agreements as well as implementation SOWs associated in the compute and storage category
- Ability to sort through data from purchasing system (aka Ariba) and various inventory systems and produce usable / summary reports
- Development of a 1, 3 and 5-year category plan to lower costs, improve performance and reduce risk within the category
- Development of hardware standards in working closely with the internal Engineering teams
- Working closely with engineering and product management on managing certifications processes of all hardware globally
- Discussing and challenging engineering teams on new technologies and solutions for reducing cost whilst maintaining stability and performance
- Knowledge of competitive opportunities within the IT Hardware marketplace and keeping IT/Engineers up to date in those areas
- Tracking and benchmarking costs over time on a range of hardware platforms
- Working with global colleagues to develop strategies and solutions that will work in all territories where Morgan Stanley has operations
- Working with Project, Operations and Engineering teams on major initiatives for refresh of data centers, end of life equipment, and new equipment roll-outs
- Implementing and maintaining effective communications of global pricing with appropriate audience within the business units
- Working with Operational Procurement to improve global supply chains
- Work with Engineering and other stakeholders to present pro-active ideas around end of life equipment, reduction of data center space and power constraints
- Work with Finance, Business Management and other stakeholders to support Hardware funding requests
- Implement and manage the formal benchmarking process with both internal and external data sources.
- Support special projects such as niche technology purchases, client facing requirements and country specific demands.
- Consolidation of service agreements across regions where the solution is acceptable to IT and cost effective
- Monitor vendor performance and manage ongoing vendor relationships, including issues that may arise around conformity to contract performance, resolution of payment disputes, activity on critical dates (extensions, renewals, price adjustments, etc.)
- Prepare supporting documentation for deals and contracts
- Maintaining hardware catalog and pricing
- Administer contracts in working directly with contracts’ group and identifying process improvement solutions to contract admin
The successful candidate will work within the Global IT Sourcing organisation reporting to the Category Lead for Hardware and Mainframe Software and should have demonstrated knowledge/experience of the following:
- Negotiation skills and building and executing strategic plans in the Hardware category
- Creation and evaluation of RFIs, RFPs and eAuctions
- Contract analysis and drafting
- Specific experience within Sourcing and/or IT within the Hardware domain
- Experience with Ariba a plus
- Server & Storage marketplace
- UNIX/Linux/Win Platforms
- Intel/AMD and storage hardware
- Mainframe marketplace
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Confidence and Drive to influence IT and other divisions on recommended decisions
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Strong entrepreneurial, interpersonal and team skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of products to facilitate preparation and delivery of management presentations (PowerPoint) and perform data analysis (Excel)
- Ability to manage a complex and intense workload
- College degree (Bachelors)
- Hardware Sourcing Experience
- 10+ years of experience
To apply for this position, please send a resume and a cover letter to:
Please respect the "no calls" request.