The ISM-New York Professional Development Catalog for 2016 -2017!
Meetings and Events
Pro - Development Monthly
Next Steps in Sourcing Techniques and Technologies - Advanced Strategic Sourcing
Once the obvious categories are sourced, how do you continue to drive value? How do you create agile networks for the supply chains you support? This course is designed for people who already have a basic understanding of a Strategic Sourcing process and want to understand how to penetrate more areas of spend and achieve better results. It deals with some of the new challenges facing procurement professionals, like “balance of trade” issues and adequate risk management.
Topics Covered: This course covers topics and challenges that confront senior, experienced procurement professionals, for example:
- Differences in approach between goods and services procurement
- Negotiating the “hard stuff” up front
- Why eProcurement is important
- When to conduct a reverse auction
- Demand management
- Incorporating “Balance of Trade” demands
- Growing your leverage – when should you consider corporate buying groups?
- Finding the “crazy idea” that brings value to your firm
- Risk management challenges
Click on this link to find out more information and to register: http://ismny.com/pd-details.php?id=52
Calendar of Events
Report on Business
The ISM-New York Report On Business (ROB) is released the 2nd business day of every month. Our survey comprises responses from our member base within the supply chain field and remains a key tracking tool for the greater New York City economic picture.
- Over 20 Years of Data
- Tracked by Bloomberg Index of Reports
- Consistently marks trend of ISM National Non-Manufacturing report
- Available on the 3rd business day of each month at 9:45 AM
- AUGUST 2016 REPORT AT 47.5 - Looking Forward to 2017
If you are interested in participating in our survey, please send us an email at email@example.com and your contact information will be added.Download Reports